CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kindergarten

Abby with her new Teacher Mrs. Kloostra. Mrs. Kloostra is my good friend's mom that that I have know since kindergarten. Abby is so excited to have her friend Kylee's grandma. I have extreme peace about about trusting Abby to her care.
Abby and Ty checking out the classroom.
Abby standing in front of her new classroom. I can't believe how big she is!

Abby had an Open House at school Wednesday. She got to walk through her room again, see where she is going to sit and meet her teacher! She is so excited to start and so ready - she just can't wait! Me however-I wish I could turn back time a bit. I can't believe we are starting this new chapter in our lives-school!! It seems like yesterday she came home from the hospital and was so dependant on me. Now she is Miss Independent. She told me she can find her classroom by herself the first day (I don't think so!) As you can tell I'm a little emotional about this-letting go of little girl isn't easy! I'm fairly certain Abby is going to be consoling me on her first day of school (maybe I'll be able to pass it off as pregnancy hormones) As emotional as I am, I'm so excited for Abby and this new chapter. I know she is going to thrive in school. I can't wait for all the new school activities for our family to be involved in. Above are a few pictures from the Open House- thought I would take a few pictures because things might be a little crazy on the first day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Abby! You'll love Mrs. Kloostra - she's great. Have fun in kindergarten! Love and hugs to you....

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby - I didn't know that Mrs. Kloostra would be your teacher!! I even know her - we have a lot in common! I know you will LOVE school because you have always loved learning - it's your mommy that I'm more concerned about:-) I still remember your daddy's first day of kindergarten and it is a really special day. Be sure you let me know how it goes! I love you Abby Jo!! Love, Grandma