Today was Johnny Appleseed day in Abby's class. She was suppose to dress as Johnny Appleseed and bring an apple to school. Well, I must confess I didn't remember the story of Johnny Appleseed. I thought he was a fictional character. Well... he was a living man in the 1800's. His real name was John Chapman. He traveled all over planting appleseeds where ever he went. However the most important thing he carried with him was his Bible. He stored his Bible under a cooking pot he wore on his head. (just a few interesting facts about him) Oh.... the things you learn when your child goes to kindergarten.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Johnny Appleseed Day
Posted by Heather at Friday, October 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Not just kindergarten - Laiya is in 8th grade and when she has tutoring, I get a real education too! I'm pretty good at my capitals now and have even learned some new Bible memory verses. I sure be paying Betsy double for tutoring both of us. Abby sure does look cute (as usual)! Love, Mom
Hmmm...I didn't know about him either!
Talk to you soon!
April
Hi Heather: Yes, you are so right, when you say "There's something special about a mother and her daughters" But I know my sones are very precious too. Cute pictures. Love to all, Grandma Z.
Post a Comment