CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 10, 2008

It's been a while...



Isn't she sweet?

Wow!! It has been a long time since I last posted. I've had a few people ask lately if I am done blogging. I wasn't sure if I was or not. Well.. I guess I'm not because I felt like posting today. What have we been up to... I guess just the normal things. Nothing major, but we seem to keep busy with that. We had a wonderful summer. I love summer- I love having the kids home- I wish it was longer. But it also feels good to be in the routine of school time, too. I had this notion that when school started, I was going to have all this feel time with Abby gone all day and Ty in school three mornings. Well that is not the case.... we've filled that time with carpooling, lunch duty, recess duty, work board volunteer and things of that nature. Abby and Ty are loving school. I will post some picture from there first day. Kate is growing up to fast. She is sitting and getting around to where she wants to go. She has just learned to go with the flow as I'm sure most third children do.








I decided to post a sweet moment in my day yesterday- (mostly so it will be recorded for me and I won't forget how the day preceded)

Yesterday started out like most mornings in our house. No matter how organized I try to be or how early we get up, the last 10 minutes is a mad dash to get to the bus stop at 7:40. After I got Abby on the bus, I decided that I should go Aldi in a attempt to save money because groceries everywhere else seem to be so expensive. I thought ,if I hurry, I could get back for Kate's nap. Shopping went fine...(as fine as it can go with children) I had to go to Target and Aldi's. As I go to pay at Target, I realize that I have lost my Atm card. I have no way to pay for this purchase. So.. to the bank I go to get money and straighted out the mess. I then decide to go to Aldi. I think I can make it, if I hurry. I know I'm pushing my luck with Kate, but when else am I going to do this. She did great, but on the way home she was done. So.. I'm listening to crying, and I stressing about the lost ATM. I look behind me to notice two policemen following me. (much to Ty's delight!)I guess I was speeding. (I didn't notice!) How come I never get warnings? A ticket was issued. So.. I guess my attempt at trying to save money by going to Aldi didn't really work out. Now I'm getting frustrated, and typical me, when I'm stressed (and I'm ashamed to admit) I often take it out on God. I cried out, "Can You allow something good to happen today!!! (now I also know, there are many people who are wishing today that their only problem was a speeding ticket and lost ATM- I KNOW my frustration was totally uncalled for.) Well.. I preceded to go on with my day.. with a very poor attitude. I know Ty was picking up on it because he kept saying,"I still love you." At about 4:30, I looked around the house and realized I better get busy. The house looked trashed, I didn't want Ryan coming home thinking I did nothing all day. I was trying to hurry and pick up. And of course, when you are trying to hurry, a kid will demand your attention. Ty came upstairs full of questions. I tried to brush him off, telling myself if I can just get this done, I'll play with him later. Then out of the blue, Ty asks,"Who is Satan?"(He is the very one who has been tempting Mom all day!) I realize now, with the help of the Holy Spirit, it is not time to continue cleaning. So we sat and we talked about who Satan is. Then he wanted to know more about heaven and hell. He wanted to know how he could go to heaven? We talked about how God loves us and sent his Son. How he died on the cross, so we don't have to go to hell. We talked about if we love God and believe this we will go to heaven. We talked about how we show our love to God by obeying Him and a lot of other things. (this conversation went on for about 10 minutes-normally he moves on to something else very quickly) Then he asks me, "How does Jesus get in your heart?" I told him you need to pray and ask him. I waited.... I have always wanted this to be my child's decision, not something I force on them. If this discovery is forced, then it really means nothing. We talk about all these things often in our house, but today it all made sense to him. Ty said, " I want Jesus in my heart." Can a Mother hear more wonderful words than that!!!!! We prayed then together. It brought tears to my eyes. Now I know.. he is four(almost 5). He has a lot more of life to experience and I know his faith will be tested. And some may ague on his true comprehension of this precious moment or if he will even remember this moment. And along the way I pray he does recommit his faith after he has more life experience, but I know he meant every word he said. I thank God that I was able to be apart of it! I won't forget and I'll remind him of the moment if need be. He was very excited to tell Ryan the moment he got home. He ran outside and said, "Dad, I prayed and Jesus is in my heart. And mom got a ticket from two policemen, but she didn't have to do to jail!!

So..... Can something good happen today, God? I'm sorry. Please forgive my uncalled for frustration. Thank you for answering my prayer.


Ty's first field trip



Ty's soccer uniform

3 comments:

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Wow - I can't see because I'm crying! But then I had to laugh at how Ty told Ryan about his day! What a special, special day! I'm going to print that to put in my 'grandkids' keepsake' box - priceless!! Love you! Mom

p.s. adorable pictures!!!

joan b. said...

Jesus is the one who said "Let the little children come to me." He will honor Ty's faith and his prayer. Precious story - thanks for sharing it.
Love you, Sweetie - you are a very special mom!

denise said...

Heather, thank you for sharing your day with us. I'm so glad you decided to post again. I'm sitting here with tears running down my face, so happy for you and for Ty. Just a reminder to us all to "be still" and we will hear God speaking to us. It is such a precious story and it makes me wonder how many of those moments I/we may miss along the way because we're too "busy"! You have such sweet kids and they are a true reflection of you and Ryan and your commitment to Christ and eachother.
Love you!