I am a little behind on this post- about 2 weeks ago I turn the big 30! I was a little depressed about turning thirty- until I really thought about it. I've been so blessed in the past 30 years. I'm so thankful. I love my life and I'm excited to see what God has in store for our family in the next 30 years.
My sweet husband surprised me with a trip to the East Coast! He told me a month ahead of time-after he realized I might need to prepare to leave our newborn. I've always wanted to go the East Coast and it was a beautiful has a always imaged it would be!
I've had a lot of people ask me what the highlight was- and I think we would both say the morning we woke up at 5:00 am (Yes-we are nuts!) to hike in Arcadia Park. We felt like God reserved the whole Park for us. We saw only one other car. We hiked around Jordan Pond. It was breath taking, beautiful and peaceful. It was a morning you can just see and feel God's presence. We were overwhelmed by His greatness. We probably said to each other"This is amazing!" 50 times.
We also enjoyed a hike to Cadillac Mountain, eating lobster, a peaceful sailboat ride. Another highlight for Ryan included riding an elevator with Kareem Aldudjabar.(spelling?) He was staying in our hotel for the Celtic's and Laker's Play off game along with the media and other VIPS.
I have to thank my wonderful mother-in-law, mom and sister for caring for my kids. They were in great hands. I didn't worry (at least not to much).
And thanks to my sweet husband for knowing me well enough to pick my perfect vacation. It was so wonderful spending time with just you! I highly recommend it for every marriage!





3 comments:
What a great trip....brought back memories. Did you know that we went to Bar Harbor for our honeymoon 9 years ago (almost exactly)?!? We enjoyed many of the same beautiful things. Looks like a fabulous trip!
I was out of town, with no internet, so I am a little behind on checking blogs. I was so happy to see you got the pictures of your vacation posted - they are beautiful!! I didn't hear about Kaream Abdualjabar (?) staying where you were. Did you know that was one of the first 'words' Steve Bonnema could say?? Ryan looks a lot like Dave in the picture where he's on the sailboat. I loved the picture of the trees reflected in the water. They were all beautiful! And thanks for letting us watch Abby and Ty - we had lots of fun!! Love, Mom
What a wonderful husband you have to plan such a great trip! The pictures are beautiful and they make me eager to visit the East Coast once again. I thought of Laura and Ben as I watched the pictures - they have been to Bar Harbor and Boston, two places we have yet to see. Your 30th will be a birthday to remember!
Much love,
Aunt Joan
Post a Comment