CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

IF YOU LOVE SOMETHING LET IT GO








A few days ago Abby and Ty found a turtle in our backyard. They made a habbitat with water, rocks and grass. They had fun holding it, watching it walk on my floor, and swim in my bathtub. I told them from the beginning, we could not keep it. (I've already been talked into a dog.) Whenever Ryan or I mentioned it, the drama began, "But we love it so much, Mom!" Then they would both cry! I finally talked them into releasing it by explaining,"God wants us to love his creation and take care of it. If we keep it, it will die. If you love it, you have to let it go. " We brought it to my parent's to let it go in the creek, so it could be with other frogs and turtles. It wasn't near as tramatic as I thought it was going to be-but that's probaby do to the fact they now want a pet frog!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frogs and turtles....how fun!!!
Love your blog...keep it going!
Aunt Beckie