CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Byron Days

Byron Days has aways been one of my favorite weekends of the summer. After the weekend, I'm always remained of why I love this community. We started the day with the Byron Bank 5k. I ran it with my brother, his girlfriend Anna, and her grandpa. Then Abby ran the Kids 1/2 mile run. She did such a good job! I was so proud! She took a little spill at the beginning when she collided with another girl, but she got up with tears in her eyes and told Ryan she wanted to keep going. She ran the whole 1/2 mile without stopping and sprinted to the finish. So cute! Then we enjoyed the parade together. The kids loved it. They got so much candy and junk. (And now they can't stop thinking about the candy!) Other activities to enjoy that day included the Farmers Market, kids games and fireworks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Abby Jo!! You look so determined - that's great!! I wish I had known you were going to run - we would have come to cheer you on! Next year, okay?? I can't imagine running 1/2 mile!! I am really proud of you! Love, Grandma

Michelle said...

Heather, I think that is really great you are encouraging a love for exercise in your daughter at a young age--perhaps, a future Olympian in the making???

Anonymous said...

Abby looks like she had so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the run, Abby! It looks like you had fun! Thank your mom for putting your picture on her blog so we could all see it - you look so cute!
Love you!